Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1881 O Morgan LCS Pick Up For Thoughts

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 1,069Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
1130 Posts
 Posted 05/31/2021  2:00 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add JasonKflo to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I grabbed this a few days ago at a local coin shop in Boise.
I only have a handful of proof like coins.
This coin has some circulation not alot . In hand I would say AU-58
The reverse reflects 4" and is a little less than my other Proof Likes though I still think reverse is proof like it may be on the verge of Semi Proof Like.
The obverse though. Oh boy. It reflects at over 8" and is much more reflective than my others and Miss Liberty's face pops .
Of course so do the areas of circulation above the ear , above the eye on the forehead and hair above that and on the eagles breast really stand out even know the wear is minimal the color contrast stands out.

My photos are not good and I struggled to get good pictures .
Anyways whatever it is I got it for 50.00 so happy with that for sure.
More of a show and tell then guess the grade I guess since the pics are hard to judge.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
64379 Posts
 Posted 05/31/2021  2:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Certainly no less than AU-58.
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
654 Posts
 Posted 05/31/2021  3:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TobyJ to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS60.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10212 Posts
 Posted 05/31/2021  7:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave700x to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS62
1883-O Nut
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
64379 Posts
 Posted 05/31/2021  7:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I can live with MS-62.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1130 Posts
 Posted 05/31/2021  7:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JasonKflo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I still stand by AU-58 But Prooflike
Pillar of the Community
United States
5755 Posts
 Posted 05/31/2021  9:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jaobler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice-looking coin, certainly appears proof like. Has a decent chance of grading mint state, likely MS-62 max. The potential value probably doesn't justify a grading fee.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1130 Posts
 Posted 05/31/2021  9:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JasonKflo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
true on the grading but it is pretty cheap during bulk submissions
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11220 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2021  09:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
lighting is just washing out most of your photos. indirect natural light may help. I'm thinking this coin looks better in hand. typical average strike for the year. AU58. impossible to determine SMPL surfaces. obverse looks like it might make it but reverse is doubtful
Pillar of the Community
United States
2739 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2021  3:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jerryc39 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
nice coin. Also nice to know another Boise area coin guy! Meridian here. Did you find this coin at Rose Hill or Coin exchange?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1130 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2021  7:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JasonKflo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Jerry at Rose Hill though I prefer Coin Exchange .
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2590 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2021  9:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fortcollins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice one! There's something about the SPL/PL/DMPL Morgans that makes it almost impossible to pass them up. They also confirm the belief than a beautiful AU is better than an ugly UNC any day.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1130 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2021  9:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JasonKflo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
agree Fortcollins
Pillar of the Community
United States
3287 Posts
 Posted 06/02/2021  08:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slider23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with AU58. Hard to see the proof like surfaces from your photos because there is almost no cameo contrast between devices and field.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3601 Posts
 Posted 06/02/2021  09:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Really hard to photograph PL surfaces, but the 2nd and 3rd pics look good for PL. I'd say MS-62-maybe the signs of circulation show up better in hand.
Pillar of the Community
United States
831 Posts
 Posted 06/02/2021  11:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add smat45 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
pretty cheap during bulk submissions

Were you able to get any in on submission #2 that recently closed or are they going in #3?

I sent in 40 with the hope of getting 35 to grade for #2. I think 18 Morgan's and 22 Peace dollars.
You can't beat the price!
smat
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 1,069Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.36 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: