Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Product 21ean 2021 ASE-W Silver Proof Type II

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 154 / Views: 5,951Next Topic
Page: of 11
Pillar of the Community
United States
910 Posts
 Posted 06/08/2021  12:11 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
So the first proof ASE with the new reverse design. Who's in for one, two, or three etc..? I'm definitely in for at least one, maybe two but, with a HH limit of 25 and a product limit of 300k, I have a feeling we're gonna have a repeat of the Morgans. A little surprised the Mint didn't decrease the HH limit or push back this release until the new site "improvements" were done but I guess there's still time.
Edited by CelticKnot
07/20/2021 2:32 pm
Learn More...
United States
103760 Posts
 Posted 06/08/2021  12:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am holding out for the reverse proof two coin set. I am not a real ASE collector anyway, I just want the different types.
Pillar of the Community
United States
914 Posts
 Posted 06/08/2021  12:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Who's in for one, two, or three etc..?

not me! I'm out! cutting it off with the end of the type 1 reverse!
Pillar of the Community
United States
654 Posts
 Posted 06/08/2021  2:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coincollector123 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am not sure if I want to continue the new series. I am not a fan of the new design. Kinda sucks that they ripped the historic symbol of the 13 arrows from the eagles talons. I will definitely get the special 2 coin set but I will have to wait to see how it looks.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11260 Posts
 Posted 06/08/2021  4:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I still have my W Proof subscription, so at this time will be getting one.
Pillar of the Community
United States
773 Posts
 Posted 06/09/2021  09:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JasonKflo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I dont like the reverse but I will still get one this year then I will stop minus any of the rarer issues I am lucky enough to get from the mint.
Pillar of the Community
United States
910 Posts
 Posted 06/09/2021  11:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
not me! I'm out! cutting it off with the end of the type 1 reverse!

Are you referring to the two coin RP set later this year? Those are both type II coins in that set.
Learn More...
United States
103760 Posts
 Posted 06/09/2021  11:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Are you referring to the two coin RP set later this year? Those are both type II coins in that set.
I have not seen any evidence they both are or are not type 2.

What would be the purpose of having two reverse proof type 2 coins? That is not a set, that is a duplicate.

Quote:
Products will also include a two-coin Reverse Proof American Eagle silver dollar set, but Mint officials have not yet disclosed which two designs the set will contain. The coins will be struck at the San Francisco and West Point Mints. The American Eagle 2021 Silver Reverse Proof Two-Coin set will be released Aug. 24.
So, if they are indeed the same, you get one type 2 from each mint. Ugh. Hard pass.

For what I would expect to be a $200 set, they better have both types.
Pillar of the Community
United States
654 Posts
 Posted 06/09/2021  1:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coincollector123 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
For what I would expect to be a $200 set, they better have both types.

I hope it will be one of each design and I expect it to be a $180-$200 set. Years ago they did 2 ASE sets for like $150 but that was when ASE were like 50-60 each.

This one is truly a toss in the air for me if I want it or not.
Pillar of the Community
United States
914 Posts
 Posted 06/09/2021  2:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@wyzeguy-

i will not be on board the type 2 reverse ASE train. the Mint has worn me out with ASEs.

if there's a type 1 reverse in the upcoming two-coin reverse proof set I will go after it at some point. but if it's two type 2 reverses in that set i'll not be getting it. either way, I'm not diving into the type 2s.
Valued Member
United States
498 Posts
 Posted 06/09/2021  3:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PNWType to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In terms of buying from the mint? Count me out! But I do plan to get an unc type 2 at some point for my type set. Probably just from the LCS in many months
[Custom 7070 v3.0 WIP] - - - [Custom 7070 v2.0] - - - [Custom 7070 v1.0]
Pillar of the Community
United States
910 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2021  11:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Didn't realize this was available on enrollment. So how does it work? Are you able to sign up and then cancel right after? Can dealers also sign up and get the HH limit of 25? If so that's going to leave very few for those buying at release time.
Learn More...
United States
103760 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2021  2:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think you needed to be enrolled before a specific date on these.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1747 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2021  1:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bret to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Didn't realize this was available on enrollment. So how does it work? Are you able to sign up and then cancel right after?

For all enrollments, you can sign up and then turn the enrollment off or on through your enrollment management page. The new S proof and W uncirculated are not currently available for enrollment. However, they will likely become available for enrollment at some point in the near future like the new W proof has. You might want to click the remind me button for each. I don't know if they will, but perhaps the mint will send out a reminder when they become available for enrollment. The two coin reverse proof set will almost certainly not be an enrollment item.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4853 Posts
 Posted 06/15/2021  3:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Product enrollment is currently unavailable for all 3 ASEs and I don't believe this will change before 2021 ends. As far as the 300k limit goes, if you take away the enrollments I believe less than 100k will be available on July 1...Good luck to anyone willing to go through all the refreshing to get the item in your cart before it becomes unavailable...With a house hold limit of 25 (if you want to call that a limit...)I see a selling window of about 10 minutes...
I'm by no means a pro and will never claim to be...just my 2 cents
A smile costs nothing to give or receive....GF
If it's not hockey, it's not a sport
Valued Member
United States
167 Posts
 Posted 06/15/2021  4:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 1847bill to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I want last year and first year for each proof. I have the 2020 S and the 2021 W type 1. I'm on enrollment for all 3 type 2 including the burnished
Not very many left for sale after enrollment and authorized buyers.
Page: of 11 Previous TopicReplies: 154 / Views: 5,951Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.39 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05