Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Random Question, Who Is Rui?

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 23 / Views: 672Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community

Canada
2105 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2021  5:09 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
They have the most posts of anyone but there last post was in 2015? I could be wrong but it seems there post count has gone up since the first time I looked. And the threads linked to there most recent threads are all modern but there is no posts.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3634 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2021  5:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
He/She is the all mighty Rui That keep this place going?
Pillar of the Community
United States
4380 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2021  5:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
System Admin I believe.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2105 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2021  5:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I ask because all of there most recent posts don't seem to exist, is Rui the one who made the website? The last listed post is 2015 but then there latest log in was 2 days ago as well as there post, but there is no post from them? It's confusing to me lol
Pillar of the Community
United States
4380 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2021  5:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
System Admins are mysterious people, they can do stuff we mere mortals can't. They have secret powers, they are kind of like Clark Kent, but nowhere as muscular or good looking
Pillar of the Community
United States
4380 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2021  5:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just for mentioning his name, he can ban you or change your avatar to a Chicken or make you type in Wing Dings. Don't annoy the system admin.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5932 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2021  5:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Do not annoy Rui.
Learn More...
United States
106502 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2021  5:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Rui's post count is not real. It is off by about 11,111,000.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2105 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2021  5:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was half expecting an answer like "We are Rui" thanks I was curious lol and I can see he has the power simply by this post lol. I will not question the gods
Learn More...
United States
106502 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2021  5:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All the mods can edit post counts.

We have had to dock new users who post several one word replies in a topic. We combine them to one, then drop the count. These are usually amateurs trying to reach a Buy/Sell/Trade level. This is what we mean by quality posts.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10060 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2021  5:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave700x to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I was half expecting an answer like "We are Rui"

You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile....
1883-O Nut
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
62914 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2021  6:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There is a statue of Rui at the CCF Tower in Dubai.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10100 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2021  6:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I thought it was a mix of flour and butter used to thicken certain sauces.

Late Edit

I had this mixed up with Roux
My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
Edited by TNG
10/14/2021 6:15 pm
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
21486 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2021  6:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
All the mods can edit post counts.

I think Rui hard coded his in the DB though.

I am Groot. We are Rui.

Rui is a fantastic friend, developer, software engineer, etc.

We started hosting with GoDaddy, outgrew that shared hosting in no time. Rui was our next host, we were with him for many, many years until we outgrew him.

Then we went to a virtual server with KiwiHosting. The owner of that hosting company was a one man operation...... until he passed away in his sleep. We didn't find out until about 3 weeks later. So our data could've all disappeared any time. One of the most stressful times of my life. I was physically sick because we could have lost everything. Rui stayed up for about 20 hours babysitting our database downloading.

Rui then helped me immensely in setting up with LiquidWeb on our own private (kickass) server. He moved to them also, but guess what, he helped me first.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7562 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2021  7:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, so, in this case, being RUIned was a good thing!

Seriously...a thanks to the behind-the-scenes heroes who keep this place going!
How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
Pillar of the Community
United States
4999 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2021  8:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oh Boy...you guys/gals remember the last member how asked questions about Rui?

Man Wrekkdd...why, why, why?
I'm by no means a pro and will never claim to be...just my 2 cents
A smile costs nothing to give or receive....GF
If it's not hockey, it's not a sport
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 23 / Views: 672Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.45 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: