Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

My 7070 US Type Set - COMPLETED! (with pics)  

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2776 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2010  8:56 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add KenKat to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Well, after an approximately 4 year quest, I have completed my Dansco 7070 Type Set in VF or better! (mostly )

Queue the dancing fruit...

The last coin was a PCGS XF-45 1875-S Twenty Cent piece.

Most of these coins were acquired over the past 4 years although there are a few from childhood in there as well. And of course I have a few upgrades already planned - first two being the Seated dime with Stars and the Seated Half with Motto. And the two large early cents are G+/VG but they are very costly in higher grades so I will probably wait awhile on those.

Without further ado, here are the pics:

Edited by KenKat
04/10/2010 8:57 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1534 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2010  9:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wheatguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, congrats. Very nice well matched set.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3554 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2010  9:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Adam_E to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
that's great!! I especially love the walking lib, frankie, and the 2 kennedys!
Valued Member
United States
418 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2010  9:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Funny Money to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
very nice
Pillar of the Community
United States
1490 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2010  9:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimR to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

I noticed your Oregon Commemorative actually saw a fair amount of circulation. To me that's pretty neat to think that commemorative circulated that long before some one pulled it from circulation.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2273 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2010  10:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SDcoinguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
no gold page?
Valued Member
United States
335 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2010  10:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add AndrewC to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice! Now you should spend them all and start over. After all, the fun is in the hunt.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3294 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2010  10:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nod2003 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
wow, at the rate I am going, I am not going to be done for another 5-10 years!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1074 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2010  11:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add specksynder to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
like the SLQ variety II
Pillar of the Community
United States
1192 Posts
 Posted 04/11/2010  06:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wornslick to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very Nice. I bet you had a good time collecting those. Thanks for the pics.
United States
20 Posts
 Posted 04/11/2010  09:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinman1014 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
nice set!
Valued Member
United States
220 Posts
 Posted 04/11/2010  09:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dollarcoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congratulations.
Learn More...
United States
16261 Posts
 Posted 04/11/2010  09:27 am  Show Profile   Check vermontensium's eBay Listings Check vermontensium's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add vermontensium to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I still want to do this! Congratulations!
johnny54321 - Missed and eternally loved by your CCF family.
CCF members sell on eBay!

vermontensium's coins for sale :p
ANA LM1214396, C4

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2776 Posts
 Posted 04/11/2010  11:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KenKat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks everybody! Definitely a fun set to build and not too many budget busters in that set. I don't think I am spending them anytime soon!

Quote:
I noticed your Oregon Commemorative actually saw a fair amount of circulation. To me that's pretty neat to think that commemorative circulated that long before some one pulled it from circulation.

It definitely has a neat look to it. There is a chance that someone did a little "artificial toning" to it, but it is an interesting piece that fits into the album well.

Quote:
no gold page?

Unfortunately the gold page is a $6000 or more investment. Even if I did a gold set, I would probably do certified coins and leave them in the holders. I'd love to do a gold set in the 7070 though. Maybe someday.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1599 Posts
 Posted 04/11/2010  5:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jprine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very, very cool! Working on one, but it will be a long time before it looks as good as yours. Really like the early dimes.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6201 Posts
 Posted 04/11/2010  6:31 pm  Show Profile   Check TNG's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wonderful set and congratulations! I struggle parting with the money for Seated dollars.
Happy Thanksgiving ~ I am grateful!
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.71 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05