Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

My Mostly Circulated Mercury Dime Collection...

Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4
Pillar of the Community
United States
684 Posts
 Posted 11/20/2019  09:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Something good this way comes today :)
Valued Member
United States
189 Posts
 Posted 11/20/2019  10:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add muddyknuckles to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice collection just now seeing it. Must Be hinting about your 16d anxious to see It so much talk of the 42/41 makes me recall the ny subway hoard which contained 166 examples in the incredible collection the workers who apparently had too much time on their hands' collection
Pillar of the Community
United States
684 Posts
 Posted 11/20/2019  12:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Nice collection just now seeing it. Must Be hinting about your 16d anxious to see It

Yep! Pictures coming soon

Quote:
It so much talk of the 42/41 makes me recall the ny subway hoard which contained 166 examples in the incredible collection the workers who apparently had too much time on their hands' collection

The LCS had one slabbed, I'm tempted.
Pillar of the Community
United States
684 Posts
 Posted 11/20/2019  12:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've been saving up for the 16-d for about 8 weeks, this Friday I finally had enough but on Thursday I ordered the Enhanced Proof ASE and I was short $70. BUT yesterday I got a surprise.

About 2 years ago I received a text message from a major motion picture studio about a movie. I sent a STOP text message back to not receive any more texts but I ended up getting 4 more. I took a screen shot and sent out a complaint to the FTC. With screen shot. I totally forgot about it, yesterday I get a check for $85 (woohoo), it seems that the major motion company was sued and I was a "class participant" and my part of the settlement was $85. So I had enough to get the 16-d.

Since my set is circulated and since I had a set amount I wanted to pay, I picked an AG3 one. What surprises me is that this particular coin must have been slabbed in the early 2000's as it was originally listed for $975. Checking the price guides they have a good listed for $1000, and even coin trackers state that they sell for around $900 http://cointrackers.com/coins/226/1...rcury-dime/)

Well I didn't pay that much. As you can see the D is clear.

And she looks good with all her sisters in the Album. And this will be the last set I complete in 2019. Time for the 2020 goals :)

Pillar of the Community
United States
6139 Posts
 Posted 11/20/2019  12:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

You made me happy just reading that! That is what I like about this forum...we can get excited for each other

- When I value " being right" more than what IS right, I am then right...a fool.
- How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
- Real men play Fizzbin.
Learn More...
United States
79171 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
647 Posts
 Posted 11/20/2019  9:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DoctorBurnzy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very Nice!
Pillar of the Community
United States
684 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2019  10:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you all! I was really excited about getting the 16-D

The price was good and the coin is probably under graded I could give it a G4
United States
45 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2019  1:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Roger Engelken to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congratulations on completing the set. They look good as a set.
Valued Member
United States
194 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2019  10:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CENTertainment to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I love it. Great sacrifice.
United States
14 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2019  7:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KD8ATF to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome I have kind of been doing the same with the MHD!
Pillar of the Community
United States
684 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2019  9:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I had no interest in getting the 1942/1 overdate but I found 2 and not crazy priced. One is slabbed, so who knows :) I may get one more Mercury dime :)
United States
5 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2019  11:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GlennAlan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Lookin' good!!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1122 Posts
 Posted 11/26/2019  05:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats on your 16-D! I don't have one, and most likely never will, so I am envious. I bet someday you'll find a 42/1 that has your name on it! I wish I had bought one long ago when they were cheap. Seems like 16-D prices have always held fairly steady over the years and it appears (to me) that 42/1 prices have recently shot up. They're all great in my eyes though.
Edited by merclover
11/26/2019 05:49 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
684 Posts
 Posted 11/26/2019  08:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Merclover,

The local coin shop has 4 Mercury dime 16-D left at very good prices. PM me and I can send you the LCS information. The 1942/1 is currently over what I want to spend, so it's a distant future purchase.
Edited by hfjacinto
11/26/2019 09:06 am
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.95 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05