Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2020 W Nickels Being Distributed With Mint Sets

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
85 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2020  12:53 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Craftworker to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Poll Question
With the minting of the 2020 W Jefferson nickels that will be distributed with the following mint sets: The Proof Sets, the Uncirculated Sets and the Silver Proof Sets, (same as the 2019 W Lincoln Cents) the nickels will be minted in a proof finish to be sent with the proof sets, an uncirculated finish sent with the Uncirculated set and finally a reverse proof finish with the Silver proof set.
The poll is as follows....

Poll Choices
  I am excited about these W nickels and will collect them
  I will sell them as I receive them
  I can't believe the Mint is using these coins to manipulate me to buy their products
  I don't care either way
  I will pay an extreme amount on the bay
  Blah, blah..whatever!

Pillar of the Community
United States
1204 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2020  1:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I wasn't going to get the silver proof set but I like the idea of a w nickel and I'm only getting the reverse proof to put in my Bison Nickel set. So I'm sucking it up and getting something I wasn't planning on getting.
Pillar of the Community
United States
787 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2020  2:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add atticguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So far I'm the lone voter for "Don't Care", but it's NOT because I don't like the premiums (I do), but that I always buy all three sets non the less anyway.
Also, with the pricing increase for ALL releases, the Mint will still be making a profit even if it eventually 'ladders up' to including 'free' dollar coins in the not so distant future. Hopefully in 2022 there will only be the ONE type of quarter to add to the "bonus" set.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8472 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2020  2:33 pm  Show Profile   Check TNG's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Voted - I can't believe the Mint is using these coins to manipulate me to buy their products
Short version
Mint is using these coins to sell mint sets.
My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
Bedrock of the Community
United States
19072 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2020  4:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I stopped buying Mint and Proof sets a long time ago. Absolutely no future value in them. Actually no value even now.
just carl
Learn More...
United States
82516 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2020  4:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I usually skip the uncirculated mint sets, but it looks like I will be getting one for the second year in a row. This is only the third time ever, at least direct from Mint when issued. (2009 being the first.)
Pillar of the Community
United States
2661 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2020  10:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
With the quality of 2020 products already received from the mint, lets just say my hopes aren't high. Ordered the Happy Birthday Coin Set (2) all 10 coins had problems,lets see what special care they take with these nickels
Pillar of the Community
United States
2569 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2020  11:11 am  Show Profile   Check XavierOfGreen's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add XavierOfGreen to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am an avid nickel collector, I havent bought a mint set or proof set in years, but i'll buy all three to complete my nickel set
Oldest Found-------
Cent: 1842 (from machine) ---- Three Cent: 1866 [Nickel] (from machine)
Nickel: 1883 (from roll) ---- Dime: 1911 (from roll)
Quarter: 1932 (from machine) ---- Half: 1917 (from roll)
Dollar: 1880 (from machine) ---- Foreign: 1863 (from machine)
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8472 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2020  1:13 pm  Show Profile   Check TNG's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I got to thinking some more about this and will try to look at it in a positive way today.
It might bring more collectors interest into the Jefferson nickel collecting area and when there is more interest, it sure doesn't hurt the values of our collections.
As long as they don't kill the goose that lay the golden eggs and drain our budgets for keeping up with our sets, it might be an OK thing once in a while.
My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10248 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2020  1:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll get these as I collect all 3 annual sets anyway.

Quote:
As long as they don't...drain our budgets for keeping up with our sets, it might be an OK thing once in a while.

Agree. Last year was my most expensive year by far for Mint products and my bank account could use a break.
Pillar of the Community
United States
854 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2020  2:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm buying the sets anyways so sure, kick in an extra item, no problemo!
Valued Member
United States
85 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2020  5:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Craftworker to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'm buying the sets anyways so sure, kick in an extra item, no problemo!

My thoughts exactly. I already buy all three sets.

United States
27 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2020  3:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add shooligan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Voted don't care either way. I buy the sets every year regardless.
Valued Member
United States
66 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2020  10:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Erscolo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I buy one proof, silver proof and mint set each year. This year there will be a nickel. I wonder if that means a dime in 2021, a quarter in 2022 and a half dollar in 2023? Of course with the price increase, there is an increased bite.
Learn More...
United States
82516 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2020  10:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
a quarter in 2022
Just in time for the ATB series to have ended so there is only one quarter.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 2.17 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05