Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1899 O Morgan Next Up For A Guess.

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 24 / Views: 634Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
436 Posts
 Posted 05/10/2021  7:47 pm Show Profile   Check farrider11's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add farrider11 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Fresh out of the mailbox for guess on this one. It is in an OGH and has a CAC Sticker (maybe the extra info will help)

Curious for under grade or over grade thoughts after reveal.

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5511 Posts
 Posted 05/10/2021  8:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jaobler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like a gem. MS-65 is my guess. Beautiful Morgan!
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
436 Posts
 Posted 05/10/2021  8:12 pm  Show Profile   Check farrider11's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add farrider11 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
On further inspection, the light scuff/scratch marks on the bottom right obverse are on the case. Some of the other ones too.

Thanks, I thought it was nice for the price.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4546 Posts
 Posted 05/10/2021  8:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I see odd toning on obverse, not many hits or ticks. Reverse seems to be struck nicely..Overall 65/65+ ,eye appeal 8/10 (channeling moxking)
I'm by no means a pro and will never claim to be...just my 2 cents
A smile costs nothing to give or receive....GF
If it's not hockey, it's not a sport
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
58066 Posts
 Posted 05/10/2021  8:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pics showing more light on the obverse fields would be helpful. Peering through, I'll say MS-63 with low confidence factor.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1213 Posts
 Posted 05/10/2021  8:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I say MS65. Better lighting would help.
Canada
32 Posts
 Posted 05/10/2021  8:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TypsetCollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Strong strike, nice luster, some marks but I'm going with ms65
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
436 Posts
 Posted 05/10/2021  8:58 pm  Show Profile   Check farrider11's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add farrider11 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Different spot, different light.

Canada
32 Posts
 Posted 05/10/2021  9:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TypsetCollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The suspense is killing me
Pillar of the Community
United States
4290 Posts
 Posted 05/10/2021  9:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Strong MS65 for me.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2439 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
2145 Posts
 Posted 05/10/2021  10:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rothery to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can't really find much wrong with it - MS65
Pillar of the Community
United States
3100 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2021  12:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree with MS-65.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10159 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2021  09:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
typical sharp strike for the year. the initial photos are showing PL surfaces but the second set is not. I'm going with the second set.

eye appeal is above average so I can see why it beaned.

MS65 green bean
Pillar of the Community
United States
8026 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2021  4:00 pm  Show Profile   Check westcoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add westcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm in at MS64 maybe even a plus I think it just falls short of 65. A 64 could easily get a green bean sticker from CAC.
"Buy the Book Before You Buy the Coin" - Aaron R. Feldman - "And read it" - Me 2013!
ANA Life Member #3288 in good standing since 1982, EAC Member #6202, NBS Member, 2 variety collector.

See my want page: http://goccf.com/t/140440
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2037 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2021  8:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fortcollins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice coin. The grading questions are what it would snag in a rattler, and what it would snag today. This coin may be on both sides of the fence because of that.

There are a few dings on the chin and a bruise on the cheek, a small ding on the nose, a couple minor contacts in the hair above the ear, and light scuffs on the cap. Not quite the full Sal Maglie treatment, but at least a hard shave from the barber. The reverse is fantastic, with just a light contact on the eagle's breast and a couple minor contacts on the peripheral lettering.

IMHO, in OGH days, the obverse would be MS-63, and the reverse MS-65, for a net MS-64. Today, the obverse is a solid MS-64+, the reverse is MS-66, for MS-65/65+. No wonder the bean factory liked it.

Great coin. Undergraded.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 24 / Views: 634Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.54 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05