Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Mr Pink's Unc/Burnished ASE Dansco Album

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 19 / Views: 819Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
914 Posts
 Posted 06/08/2021  03:39 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
as inspiration for Dearborn's quest for the unc/burnished ASEs I post the pix of my unc/burnished ASE Dansco album. I bought a Dansco album & loaded it with 4 blank ASE pages, used it for the burnished ASEs, one of every year '06-'08, '11-'20, which used up page 1 & partially filled page 2. in the pic, you can see thru to pages 3 & 4. page 3 has the '08/rev '07 in the center hole, and page 4 has at low center & low left a 2011-W & a 2016-W, each with some almost rusty-looking toning happening around the obverse rims. not the greatest pix, but they'll do for now.

i also have a number of extra 2017, 18, 19 & 20s in their OGP, and, as another facet of the collection, I started grabbing graded random date unc/burnished ASEs, of which I have 5 different so far, the goal is to get one of each unc/burnished slabbed.

the '11-W was pulled from the 2011 set, replaced with another that is silver (ie, not toned), and the '16-W was the first one I bought, noticed it was toning in the following years and bought another, hopefully it stays silver & not toned. I'm going to devote that last page in the burnished album to toned coins, I've got a gold-colored '17 bullion and I think an '07 proof with some rim toning.. somewhere..

..and, the pictures were taken prior to the release of the '20-W, I think I have an updated pic of that page.. somewhere..
Edited by MrPink2018
06/08/2021 7:25 pm
Valued Member
United States
162 Posts
 Posted 06/08/2021  09:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Raised on rock to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice. I should get an album for my Eagles, they look fantastic in the albums.
Pillar of the Community
United States
6376 Posts
 Posted 06/08/2021  11:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add muddler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So many Eagles in so many sets, it would require at least three albums to house them all. I would consider Capps albums to keep the proof's protected. All the boxes take up tremendous space in the safe too.
Learn More...
United States
103553 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
914 Posts
 Posted 06/08/2021  12:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
they look fantastic in the albums

yes they do. I also have an album for the bullion & one for the proofs.

Quote:
So many Eagles in so many sets, it would require at least three albums to house them all.

yep.

Quote:
i would consider Capps albums to keep the proof's protected.

yep, it's on my list of stuff to do.

Quote:
All the boxes take up tremendous space in the safe too.

yep, but I've worked my way around that issue. I'm not a fan of all the boxes & packaging.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7335 Posts
 Posted 06/08/2021  1:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice collection. Thanks for sharing.
The slabbed Half dollar No FG farce: Download No-FG half vs. Grading Company Claims report here:
https://tinyurl.com/yalrstjz or higher resolution version: https://tinyurl.com/y7rksxu8

- How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
Pillar of the Community
United States
3986 Posts
 Posted 06/08/2021  2:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice Mr. Pink!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11244 Posts
 Posted 06/08/2021  3:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looking great, MrPink! I never tire of seeing ASEs.
Pillar of the Community
United States
914 Posts
 Posted 06/08/2021  9:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
here's some other stuff

that's one of the 08/rev 07s...

that's the other one, the little black dot visible in the last pic is not on the coin...

one of several of the slabbed burnished coins I have.. my ipad is being fussy at the moment or i'd post a few more..

once I get closer to having the completed type 1 reverse set i'll take better, more extensive pix.
Pillar of the Community
United States
914 Posts
 Posted 06/08/2021  9:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i also keep a checklist/inventory list of the entire type 1 reverse 36-year silver eagle run, which I've had to modify & rewrite a couple times... if I've
counted right, to have 1 of each type 1 reverse ASE minted 1986-2021 constitutes about 98 different coins. I currently need 3, will be 4 when the reverse proof set is released later this year. that's a lotta silver dollars for the type 1 reverse series.

Pillar of the Community
United States
914 Posts
 Posted 06/08/2021  9:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

I've tried to simplify it as much as possible if/when someone else (who's not a coin collector) takes possession of this collection after I'm gone. hopefully it can be understood/figured out.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11244 Posts
 Posted 06/09/2021  12:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey, I really like that handwritten spreadsheet of yours. And no, I'm not kidding.
Pillar of the Community
United States
914 Posts
 Posted 06/09/2021  02:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
they were easy to remember until 2006, then it started getting tricky, with all the reverse proofs, the skipped years '09 & '10, the box sets & all the coins in them '06, '11, '12, '13, '19, and now all the specialty coins.. it's taken years of looking at the list & the collection itself to have pretty much memorized the entire collection, what it consists of.

i have no computer, so I have to go the primitive route and do it by hand. glad I don't have to chisel it into stone. that's the third list I've written.

my collection of ASEs requires that I get one of every make & mint. however, I don't buy every mint product with a silver eagle in it.
Learn More...
United States
103553 Posts
 Posted 06/09/2021  10:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looking good!

Quote:
Hey, I really like that handwritten spreadsheet of yours. And no, I'm not kidding.
It is rather impressive!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11244 Posts
 Posted 06/09/2021  11:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It reminds me a little bit of my handwritten D&D character sheets WAY back in the day.
Learn More...
United States
103553 Posts
 Posted 06/09/2021  11:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
It reminds me a little bit of my handwritten D&D character sheets WAY back in the day.
I almost brought that up, but was afraid of coming off too nerdy. Too late?
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 19 / Views: 819Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.47 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05