Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

What Are Your Collecting Goals For 2022?

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 94 / Views: 3,972Next Topic
Page: of 7
Pillar of the Community
United States
5117 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2021  4:44 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hey all!

It's that time of the year! Usually these start in Early December so it's time for some goal setting!!!

What are your collecting goals for 2022?

Mine are a continuation of 2021. My goals are:

1) Get a slabbed 1909 S-VDB to complete the 2 full sets of small cents
2) Get the missing 4 coins from the 7070
3) Get the missing 2 coins from the 20th century type set (may do this first as its the lowest cost of the 5 "real" goals)
4) Get the missing IHC/FE
5) Get a few large notes (Educational, Bison, Native American, Battleship) and the Abe Fractional)
6) Pick up any Proof Morgans and Peace produced in 2022
7) Upgrade any LWC that I can.
8) Get the 2022 Innovation Dollars
9) Get any Portuguese coins and currency that I don't have.

Depending on grade I doubt I will finish in 2022.

Based on the current prices, I expect to complete numbers 3, 1, 2, 6 and 8. I doubt I'll get close (or even get anything) for 5, and 4 won't be finished.

7 and 9 are local purchases so if I can't find anything nothing gets picked up. Some years you get lucky other years are mehhh!

Good luck to everyone in 2022 and keep on collecting!

Edited by hfjacinto
12/13/2021 4:45 pm
Learn More...
United States
113511 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2021  5:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1. Fill the last six core Dansco album holes
7000 (3) - 1877 & 1909-S IHC, 1916-D Mercury dime.
7070 (1) - Seated Liberty dollar with Motto.
8100 (2) - 1909-S VBD and 1922 "Plain" (which may be a blank or a cheaper "Weak D").

2. Finish the extended part of the PCGS Ike set
The four Presidential dollars (2015 P/D/S-PR/P-RP)
1972 Varieties 2 and 3 (which I neglected to list last year).

3. Buy whatever appeals to me from 2022 US Mint offerings.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10280 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2021  5:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1. Trade a Liberty Gold $20 for a St Gaudens Gold $20.
Might happen this Wednesday.

2. Photograph hundreds of duplicate Jefferson nickels and sell them.
( I say this every year )

3. Photograph my Jefferson nickel Set and keep them.
( I say this every year )

4. Trade for or buy a $3.00 Gold Princess
My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11511 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2021  6:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Let's see. I guess I need to look to see what's left for my 2021 goals.

1. Finish my Ike slabbed PCG set. I made progress in '21 but still have a few coins to go and one or two I'd like to upgrade.
2. Add 5 Proof ASEs to fill holes in the CAPS albums
3. Separate most single coins (ASEs, commemoratives) from OGP and transfer to some other, yet-to-be-determined storage method to save space in the safe
4. Add 100+ more world notes to my world paper money collection
5. Update ASE CAPS albums with all years / issues that I have already purchased in the past 2-3 years. This will require additional pages from CAPS.
6. Reorganize my US Paper money albums
7. Buy LESS from the US Mint . Will keep up with annual sets and ASEs but will definitely rein it in after the 2021 shenanigans.
Edited by CelticKnot
12/13/2021 6:21 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
17444 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2021  6:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Heck , you guys must have some pretty deep pockets . I'm just going to continue buying OBW and BU rolls of all Lincoln Cents until my floors cave in .

In Memory of Butch L.
and Jim U. rest in peace .
Edited by T-BOP
12/13/2021 6:40 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
7779 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2021  6:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oih82w8 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Second verse same as the first; cherry-picking, they are out there.

...and I would like to get a problem-free 18 Century coin, most likely a large copper.
Edited by oih82w8
12/13/2021 8:17 pm
Pillar of the Community
Russian Federation
3937 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2021  7:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add january1may to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Preliminary 2022 goals, to be updated at the start of 2022...

(Basically an extension of the 2021 goals.)

1) Get some more missing dates for my OFEY
1a) In particular, fill in the remaining post-1720 holes (2022, 1844, 1781, 1756, 1755, 1729, 1727, 1723, 1722)
1b) If possible, try to get an unbroken line even further back (good luck, I'm missing more than that in just 1720-1700)
1c) Take some pics of the more recent dates for How Far Back Can We Go 7th edition... older dates too if it has time to get that far

2) Related to the above: get some (more?) dated Islamic coins from the 15th century AD
2a) Non-Islamic dated (and/or single-year-type) coins from the 15th century AD would be welcome, but unlikely to fit within my budget
2b) Dated coins from before the 15th century are useful as well, though I already have a bunch of those

3) Get to 400 issuers on Numista (currently 393)
3a) Extension: get to 400 issuers without notgeld (currently 374)
3b) If possible, also get to 250 countries (currently 240)

4) Fill some of the remaining holes in my Dansco 7070 album
4a) In particular, get at least one more classic commemorative, and/or at least one more Seated Liberty silver
4b) If it shows up within my budget, get an Arrows & Rays quarter and/or half dollar, even though the 7070 doesn't have holes for them
4c) In theory, same for a CC mint coin (any denomination), but that's a long shot

5) Get at least one more coin for my Romanian type set attempt (...also figure out what I already have)
5a) If I can find some Mongolian coins I didn't have yet, that would be cool as well
5b) Same applies to Icelandic and Israeli coins... I forgot what other countries I'm trying to do a type set for. Belgium?

6) Formalize my USSR non-commemorative type set progress, figure out what (if anything) I'm still missing, and get it (...discounting the gold, which is out of my budget, and probably never circulated anyway)
6a) If that turns out to be easier than expected, try the (base metal) commemoratives too

7) Formalize my Russian Empire AE type set, and fill at least some of the holes
7a) Some more of the silvers would be nice as well (AFAIK there are too many rare ones to do any type set work)

8) If my interest in those coins continues into 2022, formalize my 18th/19th century Swedish AE type set attempt, and fill at least some of the holes
8a) Possibly do something similar with 19th and/or 20th century Portuguese coins

9) If prices manage to get back into a reasonable range, finally get a gold coin
9a) If I find any platinum within my budget, get that too
Pillar of the Community
United States
1626 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2021  8:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrwhatisit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Id say completing my Indian cent set with the 1909-S, then the Lincoln cents with a slabbed 1909-S-vdb, filling in the tough holes in my Standing Liberty quarter set, getting the last 2 needed large cents the 1839 head of 1840 and the key date 1857 for the date-run 1839-1857, working on getting a few more type set 1800's American coins, and cherrypicking all the way through . This includes foreign coins for my world set (at 223 currently) one from every country from the years 1900-2000, even from countries that don't exist anymore. So I wait and hope for those awesome deals some more ...
Valued Member
United States
288 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2021  8:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sirguardian to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hell! I'm hoping I can just collect me thoughts! My collection is what inspires me at that moment. I'm not hard set on numbers but more of what moves my heart. I hope I explained that right.
Pillar of the Community
United States
867 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2021  9:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add flag4 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm going to focus on buying gold coins this year, US and world coinage. Maybe complete the Morgan set, need 1885cc, 1894, of course 1893s.
Learn More...
Australia
14356 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2021  9:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sap to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My goals:

1. Buy more coins.

2. Not to buy duplicates of coins I already own.

Number 1 is easy. Number 2 is getting harder.
Don't say "infinitely" when you mean "very"; otherwise, you'll have no word left when you want to talk about something really infinite. - C. S. Lewis
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
17444 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2021  9:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@ january1may , are you sure you don't want anything else ?

In Memory of Butch L.
and Jim U. rest in peace .
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3097 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2021  9:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My goal for 2022 will be the same as 2021 but hopefully better.

To have fun. collect new upgrades to what I currently have, and continue to learn and study about errors so I can better identify them for my collection.

I just want to collect and learn and most importantly have fun
Edited by Wrekkdd
12/13/2021 9:17 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4123 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2021  9:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
setting myself up for failure here.

1. Acquire 3-4 of the 11 Buffalo nickels I need to finish my AU-MS registry set. (Have been at a standstill for awhile now, not finding examples I like, but I'm in no rush)
2. Finish off circulated Dansco Buffalo album #6. . . I think
3. Complete my cherrypicked 2 Feather Buffalo set.
3. Finish off my my Dansco 7070, 6 more to go. ( Bust lg. cent, Classic lg. cent, Capped Bust Reeded 50c., Both Seated dollars, and a Commem. )
4. Pick up anything else that appeals to me, fill some additional album holes, no duplicates!
Valued Member
Canada
188 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2021  11:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Fefimo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Complete circulated date sets of Canadian 1 and 5 cents (minus 1921 5 cent). Thought I was done with the nickels but have picked up a few pre 1922 so will see how that goes. Large cent varieties and upgrades as I find them.
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
3948 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2021  11:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Its a hard one as 2021 was so successful to the point I spent so much on coins I did not save anything!

1. Spend about half as much money on coins (As I say this a dealer offers to put an EF 1849 GB Florin in EF on layaway for me)

2. Quality vs quantity.

3. Shillings, shillings and mo shillings!!! At least one from every reign going back to Henry VIII, just missing him, Edward VI, Mary, James I, Charles 1 and 2 and Commonwealth

4. Selective upgrading of Florins and Halfcrowns for British.

5. Complete my date set of Australian Florins

6. Save some money

7. Get another cat or 2 (I am thinking 2 so they can keep each other company when I am working or playing with my coins) - maybe one moggy and one Maine Coon?

8. Travel somewhere out of Auckland and preferably out of New Zealand.

9. Get a better job.
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
If it's round, shiny and silvery I will love it.
Page: of 7 Previous TopicReplies: 94 / Views: 3,972Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.44 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: